Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Mind Dump

  • We have canceled our mission trip to Honduras. I'm really struggling with this. Maybe it was the right decision, maybe not, but I do know that there are some people who desperately need to experience foreign missions.
  • Also, the cancellation of this trip has made me seriously fight the flesh. God is definitely growing me right now as I learn to deal with things that I'll have to deal with as long as I'm in ministry (a.k.a. the rest of my life).
  • I'm extremely thankful to have had some very understanding and spiritually mature people that were involved in this trip. You guys rock my face off, and your hearts for sure made up for a lot of the other issues that I had to deal with.
  • On the lighter side of things... I have a JP story for you:

- Last Wednesday night as I was upstairs in our student service, JP got lose. I'm not sure if you understand how bad this is... When JP is on his own, he loses he forfeits any sense we may think he has. So Wed. night as they were coming back from the playground, JP decided to open the door to the adult bible study in the sanctuary. I wonder what went through his head next...

-"Hmm, these people are reading about Jesus. Maybe I should quietly close the door and fall back in line with my class."

- "I wonder how many laps I can make before someone catches me"

- "Does Daddy really need to work here?"

- "I wonder if everyone will laugh if I run on stage and do my awkward arm jerking dance that Grandma taught me?"

I'm not sure what went through his head but he decided to run a lap around church...during bible study... even though he has been told countless times not to and his life has been threatened. The story I got was that after turn two he trips over Bro. Scott's podium that is set up in the middle of the room. I bet as he was flying through the air he thought, "Crap, this was not such a good idea after all." He landed and was caught by one sweet merciful lady who apparently wants me to keep my job... Thanks Mrs. Gayle.

  • Those ladies who work with JP's age class will have a special place next to throne of Jesus.

No comments: