Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Questions from Fayetteville...

I drove to Fayetteville the other day alone. I had a ton of things I needed to do, and my journey lead me to several different places. These were the few questions I was asking myself throughout the day:
  • As I was walking into Hobby Lobby- "Can any man actually come in here and feel comfortable? This place seems to suck the testosterone out of you as soon as you walk in."
  • As I was driving by Chic-Fil-A wanting something to eat- "I just counted 17 cars waiting in the drive through line going to the building. That's not counting the cars wrapped around or the people inside. I know this place is good... but is it really THAT good?"
  • Walking in the mall trying to figure out what I wanted to eat- "Am I the only person who finds it hilarious to see an American man cooking in a Chinese restaurant?"
  • After I decided to eat at Boar's Nest BBQ- "Is it really necessary to charge $10 for a sandwich, fries and tea? We know there is cost to make this stuff, but exactly how much do they make??
  • After I found a strategic people watching seat in the food court- "Did God purposefully send me there to that place so I might share my faith with someone?"
  • While trying to eat my food- "Was placing the Bath and Body Works directly in front of the food court the best location they could find? My food tastes like Cucumber Melon."
  • While reading my Bible and praying at my table- "What does Paul mean when he says the Philippians are 'confirmers' of the Gospel?"

These are the types of questions I have to deal with daily... Don't judge me:)

2 comments:

Clint said...

As to question one. Yes. There is a fat daddy section of model tanks and air craft in the back. I have to find it each time my wife wants to go in there.

Lucy said...

In respose to #2, yes, Chick-Fil-A is worth it. Always.