Monday, June 29, 2009

Mind Dump

Here are a few things on the agenda and running through my mind today...
  • I'm making my first solo trip to Hobby Lobby today. I'm a little nervous. I'm not sure if Webster has a word to describe the degree of hatred I have for this store, but I have to go to get some craft things for Honduras. Oh, the sacrifices you make in the ministry.
  • The VBS family show was a success last night. JP managed to keep his hands off his...well, you know... and didn't scream out, "HEE HEE!!" while spinning around and bouncing on his toes. I was way proud of my buddy. Bro. JP can always bring a smile to my face.
  • The reason he behaved so well last night was a deep fear in losing his life. We sat on his bed before we left and had a "talk". He was so wanting to do the right thing...Here's a funny story:

After the horrible VBS songs were sang, they told the kids that as soon as they got their certificate to go sit by their parents. Well, Megan was on stage passing out certificates and I was in the sound booth. JP got his certificate and took off running down the aisle waving his paper yelling, "Daddy!! Daddy, I have to come with you!!" I look at him and point for him to go back to the front of the church and sit. Before I can say anything to go along with my point, JP turns the quickest 360 I have ever seen in my life and begins weaving through the crowd to go sit where he originally was. Poor kid... he just wanted to do right.

  • I'm pretty excited about the food I'm going to eat while in Fayetteville. I'm not sure where I'm going yet, but I guarantee it will be amazing.
  • I got a lot of things going through my head right now as far as things I want to teach on next. We have got to finish going through John's Letters, but I really want to jump back into John's Gospel chapter 15 and hit hard the vine and the branches... I guess we'll see.
  • I started running again last night. I ran around a mile and a half and then walked one. Anyone know how cure bad knees and ankles?
  • Well, staff meeting and the Fayetteville... good day ahead.

No comments: