Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Home Office

I'm a weird person. Many of you are now laughing thinking to yourself, "Well, that's the understatement of the century." I have many weird habits and abilities. Habits?? I suck my teeth for a good hour after I eat. I never have to cut my toenails because I'm constantly ripping them off by hand. I know those are kind of odd, but I felt that you were wondering what my weird habits were and I did not want to leave you hanging. Abilities?? Well, I can go to sleep anywhere... anytime. No matter what's going on in my life, I can sleep. It's a gift that I'm very thankful for.

I said all of that to say this:

Last night I was pretty wound up. I went to play basketball (which was horrible by the way...) and when I got home, there was no way I wanted to go to sleep. I could have, but I just didn't want to. I started thinking how awesome it would be to have a home office. JP was in bed asleep, Megan was watching HGTV or Food Network I'm sure, and here I am. I could have watched TV (Megan did let me watch some Ultimate Fighting before she took over though. Man I love her even if she does get sick when watching it). I became envious of those who have this luxury (Ryan Johnson) just thinking about how awesome it would be to have my own place to go read and listen to Piper, Chandler, Driscoll, Ravenhill and so many others. A place to write without any of JP's loud cries, "I got to poo Dad!!" By the way, is it only my son who waits to the very last second before he lets anyone know he's got a turtle head sticking out?? I'm praying for one. We actually have room for one now, but I feel bad spending money when there are so many other needs right now. I mean, we have a baby on the way!! I can't put money into a desk, book shelves, computer, Internet (Nolan and Kasey live just out of our wireless reach), and an IPOD dock:)

Would I get anymore accomplished with a home office? I would like to think so, but I'm guessing you guys have some opinions...Fire away

1 comment:

Clint said...

With young kids at home the answer is no, you would not get anymore done. Maybe when the kids are older. As far as JP and the poo. AT least he is warning you, he could just let you sniff it on him when you sit down for lunch with the fam.