Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mind Dump

  • VBS was really good last night with somewhere around 65 kids participating. I had it easy since I got to run the sound and the video and hang out with some of my extremely cool students (and no they do not read this blog and I'm not sucking up... they are just really cool people to hang around).
  • I'm usually pro-everything that reaches someone with the Gospel, but VBS music and that Jeff Slaughter guy (the one who dances and does the instructional stuff) just really gets on my nerves. I'm sure he is a great guy and all, but man...do you really have to dance like that??
  • I do not compliment my wife enough. She is an organizational genius. She does, however, stress out way too much, but I got a feeling God is going to use this underrated gift in some huge ways.
  • JP was not on his best behavior last night. I think he is just here at the church sooo much that he is comfortable doing whatever. When he comes with me to work, he makes his way around from his class to Mrs. Rama's office, to the sanctuary, to wherever and completely takes care of himself until his bladder is about to explode. It seems as though he almost has a sense of entitlement when he is here and people telling him not to go certain places really urks him. I guess this is my fault.
  • So last night JP and I had a good talk about listening and being the example. We'll see how that goes tonight. I gave him a choice: Obedience or a sore tail...
  • Did I mention that we have the absolute best students in the world??
  • I understand the culture here in Arkansas is different than South Alabama. But, Does that give people the right to be just flat out rude??
  • One day this blog and it's freedom that allows me to express my thoughts is going to get me in trouble:)
  • Why is it that all of Marci's comments are filled with "how precious" "soooo Sweet" "CCCUUUTTTTEEE!!"?? People, I understand the need to not be rude, but there is no reason to go overboard with the consistent "AWWW" remarks.
  • Well, I feel better. I hope you do to:)

1 comment:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Because the only way to express yourself when a sweet baby has pigtails and turles is with AAAAWWW!!! Besides...I am pretty sure you had the same feeling when you saw G-K's picture in pigtails.

Didn't you?