Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Youtubia

I'm not sure my blogging has ever been more sporadic than it is now. It's so weird because I'm actually less busier now since I have become a college graduate, but the creative juices just haven't been flowing the same way they were several months back. In my head I know I need to be reading more and writing more, but I'm afraid my ADD is in a very harsh stage. I'm actually contemplating some medication. I mean, I enjoy blogging and I'm not lacking things I want to say, but it is harder for me to sit down and focus. So this morning I've been praying, and I feel the Lord has revealed to me through the Holy Spirit that I'm suffering from a serious disease by the name of Youtubia. If you aren't sure what it is, WebMD defines it as:

Youtubia- the act or state one inhabits of getting on youtube for one reason, and then, several hours later, finding oneself clicking on any random video that seems remotely interesting.

Actually, WebMD says nothing of Youtubia, but I feel that it is common and serious enough to be listed. So there it is...beware of youtubia. I cannot, however, leave without some bullet points:)

  • VBS Starts tomorrow night. Pray some kids are effected for eternity.
  • We lost both church softball games last night...one by like 20 runs. We are not very good.
  • I never did a M-Fuge post, but to catch you up...it was amazing and I love our students.
  • I'm pretty excited about Phillip's and Jaci's wedding coming up in August. I usually don't like weddings, but I love these guys.
  • Father's day was really good. There is nothing like getting out of the bed to a half colored picture from your son screaming happy birthday and happy mother's day.
  • Also after church, he handed me a bag of candy they put together in Sunday School and told me, "Daddy, we can share this."
  • I love my dad. I never knew how amazing he was and is until I became a dad. We fished, played ball, and he followed me wherever my schedule took me. All the while working swing shifts and taking care of our family. He is one strong amazing man.

3 comments:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Overall...this is a pretty funny post! I have never been on Youtube...is that weird? (unless someone has sent me a link)

Clint said...

The Great Thing about Graduation, although I hope you will later decide to pursue your masters, I think there is a Southwestern extension near you,nevertheless, I digress. The great thing about graduation is now you can read what you want to. I probably read more than ever now in a wide variety of disciplines.

Congrats on the graduation.

Matt and Ricky said...

I'm a huge Piper fan, but have yet to grab that one. I have some other things I'm reading through now. And... I do not see the Master's anywhere in the near future.

And Marci, that could be the weirdest thing I've heard in a long time. NO YOUTUBE!!?? Dude your missing out. Yeah, and thanks for the "overall funny" rating... You know how to make a guy feel good. HA!!