Monday, November 9, 2009

It's In Your Underwear

JP is a funny kid. The older he gets, the more he understands, and I love nothing more than to sit down with him and have a conversation. Even before Megan and I had JP, I would picture myself having those deep talks with him.

But I guess I overestimated his ability to comprehend:

My parents were here Saturday, and they wanted to take JP and buy him a new toy. I told JP he could only go if he brought me his money (I have been giving him a dollar every once in awhile) and helped buy the toy. You know... I'm trying to teach the boy some responsibility... toys cost money. Anyway, he takes off running to his room excited to get his money. He comes back asking where his money was. Megan didn't like his hiding spot so she moved it and put it under his underwear in his drawer. So when he asked where it was, Megan confidently said, "Baby, it's in your underwear." JP runs back to his room... gone for a few seconds... and he comes back saying no it's not!! So the argument begins: "It's in your underwear... No it's not... Yes it is... No it's not!!!" Finally, JP confident in his statement drops his pants (and his underwear) and says, "See MOM!! I told you!!"

JP is a funny kid

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the funniest thing ever! Jp has the best personality ever for a 3 year old!! he is too funny!!

caitlin

Anonymous said...

I miss that little guy! he is so funny!

Luv ya'll, Lisa W