Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Confession/Rant: The Bachelor

This is tough. I usually feel free after a hard-core confession. My bad parenting, love for Colbie Callait, and other confessions have been made public, but none of them seems to have the possibility of completing destroying my reputation like this one. For the last 4 weeks, I have been captivated by ABC's, The Bachelor. I know it is horrible, but before you burst into unending laughter, it was not the love story that captivated me but the unrealistic stupidity that drives the show. Here we have a guy and several girls trying to find life long love within a short period of time. They are placed in an unreal situation in unreal circumstances. They have an unending bank account for dates, for some reason all the girls love the guy (there is never anyone who says, "he's just not my type), and they only get to spend just a few hours with each other. The guy constantly makes out with whomever he is with and professes his deep love for more than 1 girl. This gets me so frustrated. But here's the deal, and this made me really angry. The guy eventually breaks up with the girl he picks in the end for the reason using his exact words, "After the show, it seemed all the chemistry was gone." DUH!!!!!!! What an idiot!!! Of course all the chemistry is gone. The excitement of spending someone else's money to go on dates, having someone else do your parenting duties (the bachelor had a son), hooking up with several different girls each day, and having someone constantly tell you they love you because they want to win...sure all of the "chemistry" or "lust"or whatever is going to be gone when you hit the real world. What a completely horrible idea of what love is. I probably need to end this post because I'm getting angry all over just typing about it. But if you watched this junk and noticed the same thing I did, let's talk...I would love to actually voice my thoughts instead of just typing them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

BOOM! Ricky's bringing the heat, son.

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

I am laughing....HYSTERICALLY!

Because:
1.I am cracking up that you've been watching it!
2. And because you are so MAD!

Maybe...you really just feel bad for Melissa~the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader!

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't feel bad...every other woman in America is mad too.