Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Where's Your Pants??

I know it has been awhile, and I'm truly sorry. My free time to do things I enjoy, like writing, is becoming almost obsolete. I either need to thin out my schedule or take some time-management classes...or just quit watching "The Office" which has been sucking my life away for about a month now. Thanks to Russell for handing me season one and saying, "Just watch man...I promise you'll love it and be coming back for more." He's the dealer, "The Office" is the drug, and I'm the hopeless addict unable to tear myself away from the TV.

Anyway, I got a quick JP story for you. Apparently he has been listening to people at church WAY too much. My child says "Go Hogs" instead of "Roll Tide" because of the demonic influence the Rogers family has had on his life...ok, maybe not demonic but definitely some form of evil. He was playing with his trains the other day and when they crash he yells, "OH MY GOODNESS!!" He definitely did not get any of these from home since we hate the hogs and "oh my goodness" is a little too clean of language for our home:)

This morning as I was dressing JP he asked sincerely, "Dad, where's your pants?" I was confused because I had shorts on and replied, "Dude, I have pants on...what are you talking about??" He said while tugging on my shorts, "No dad, you don't wear those to church." This happens to be the same things a few ladies told me last night at Revival. "Where are your pants?" they asked. "You don't wear shorts to church." They said. Why doesn't JP listen to me like he listens to everyone else? So as good as Southern Heights has been to us, you have turned my child against me. Thanks... I have to listen to my son say weird things, call the hogs, and criticize my wardrobe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now Ricky...you know the Rogers' family is NOT demonic. And JP said, "Oh, Snap!" In which he told us he learned from Chicken Little. I think that was hilarious that he asked where your pants were this morning. I hope you have a GREAT day!!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

This may be the funniest post, EVER! I love that he asked "Where are your pants?"!

And a few other things:

1) I needed to know if I should spend my money on Martha's Magazine. It's a recession, man!

2) Those are some super cute clothes!

3) I am just trying to model Christ as I help others serve in the Nursery. :) And...yes I handled the issue with the blanket/quilt. She called me...thanks to you!

4) GO HOGS!