Friday, April 17, 2009

Early Morning Thoughts

I know. This has probably been my longest drought since I first started blogging a year ago. Most likely everyone has gave up and will never know I even started posting again. That's ok... But if you do happen to stumble on this by God's sovereignty:), I'm back in the blog world. My mind is going to explode if I don't get some of this out. When my alarm went off at 4:30 this morning, I had slept well, but all day yesterday and last night my heart has been heavy. Maybe heavy is not the right word because I'm so stinking excited about some things coming up for our student ministry. To be honest I haven't been this pumped about where God is taking us ever...I see depth, hunger, and realness in a lot of our kids hearts and it blesses me greatly. We have some serious hard-core staff that is stepping up and giving away tons of time in their lives to invest in our kids, and that makes me happy.
So here is me trying to give you a quick deal on why I'm so excited about the ministry. We are developing community groups, which is something we should have done day 1. These community groups are basically to promote unity within our ministry and to get our students focused on the Gospel in the deepest way possible. Basically, our tag-line is "A Gospel Centered Community". Here are the shirts I just approved for this:
Yeah, I'm pretty proud of them. Anyway, I'm learning that in the ministry everything must go through the filter of the Gospel. Everything we do must have a "Gospel Purpose". This is no different. Again, if God's sovereignty leads you back to this blog and you want to be a part of this please let me know. We can always use teachers and home-sites...You can be a part of the Gospel Centered Community.



1 comment:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Wait...I have to adjust my computer. This can't be?! Did Ricky Sowell blog? I thought maybe you were "too cool" to blog, now! :)

Really, I do like the shirt!