Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And The Cycle Continues

Yesterday could not have been any worse of a day. I mean, honestly, it was just one of those days that will stick out in my memory for a long time. So yesterday my amazing wife got off work earlier than normal so I could get out of the house and just be free for a little while. So I go and make a few visits to some people and go back to the community center and play some ball. Well, I guess I was just too intense and focused as I was trying to escape from reality and I ended up jumping (I know what you are thinking..."Ricky you were playing basketball, you have to jump." Well, not me anymore...I play low to the ground) which is something I do not do for fear of ankle rolling, and again I rolled my ankle. I hit the ground and feel it pop back into place. As I got up and tried to walk it off I couldn't help but start laughing. I get really bad out of shape. I get on a health kick and start losing some weight. I run, excercise, and lift weights pretty regularly. I roll my ankle or crash a mountain bike and get bad out of shape again. So I'm up at 12 last night and I have this thought:

God always seems to bring me back to my knees. He will not allow me to find comfort and escape from troubles in worldly things. So last night in the bedroom with my wonderful wife asleep, I begin to worship and pray and repent over and over again. He alone is worthy and He alone is good. Yes, He did bless me with a talent and love for basketball, but so many times I make that my "relief" when in all reality God is the only "relief". Romans 8:22 tells us that the whole earth groans for the relief from this bondage sin has caused it. Like the earth we should be waiting in eager expectation of God's relief rather than trusting in an activity to escape. Again there is nothing wrong with stress relief...my problem was that I was trusting in it. Don't make my mistake and have to learn a lesson with a bad ankle and a couple of weeks of hobbling around.

1 Peter 1:3- 5: 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

No comments: