Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kicking it Old School

Back in the day I used to do a regular Thursday post called "DM Demolition" where I gave you guys every detail on our Wed. night Desiring More services. Well, grab your knee high socks, Afro picks, and your sweet Saturday Night Fever shirts because we are kicking it Old School...

  1. The only reason I feel comfortable saying this is because I know Russell would not take time to read my blog, but our wed. nights have been going SSOO much better since he started leading worship. The guy is talented and like I said I would never tell him that, but he picked up a guitar just a few months ago and already he is quality enough for our kids to say they miss him when he is gone. Send this guy to a few worship conferences and he would join the Passion tour...OK, maybe thats a stretch.
  2. We started "John's Letters" last night. Dude, I'm not sure how many times I've read these three letters but never has it been so alive to me (Hebrews 4:12). We only read the first 4 verses last night and I could not get out all God taught me. John is one amazing example of what grace really is.
  3. We have some students seriously stepping up and owning their faith...this makes me really excited.
  4. We have always had girls who lead and lead well. I think some guys (and I few I would never had expected to tell you the truth) are really stepping up and being that example at school, church, and home.
  5. I'm not sure if I have ever publicly thanked all the people who have really poured into my and taught me how to do ministry. The list is way too long, but I think I need to do this soon.
  6. A few big things coming up...
  • Lock-In with Troy Campbell May 8th. Starting the night off with Community group flag football game.
  • I'm preaching the Senior Graduation Sunday May 17th.
  • Community Groups start Monday
  • M-Fuge...I need the rest of the deposits

1 comment:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

You love Russell! :)
I want to play flag football.
And...I am not half as cool as Kevin D.