Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday Action

I think yesterday could have been the longest Sunday of my life. I felt like I was here all day, but I did enjoy seeing people fellowship...Community is beautiful. Here's the action that went down:
  • The day started off with me getting in the shower and the bar of soap breaking...I hate when that happens.
  • For some reason JP had an unreal amount of energy. I'm always making sure that in my heart I'm being thankful that I have a son who can run, jump, and talk. Even though he runs everywhere, jumps loudly, and talk non-stop.
  • Sunday School was good with an amazing full room of adults. You know this time of the week is so awesome to me. They refresh me and to see them grow spiritually blesses my heart.
  • Then church happened (Just so you know for some reason I can't quit laughing while I'm typing this). The good news is that no cell phones rang during the service...hey, that may sound like a small thing, but that is a major step for SHBC. We had a Gospel Quartet sing which is always exciting. It's true they were not of my musical taste, but they were entertaining...especially the guy with the Yosemite Sam mustache.
  • We honored the Senior adults and ate afterwards. Megan kind of headed things up and I was really impressed how she recruited workers. That is the key in ministry...FIND PEOPLE TO HELP!! So I may be bias but I think it went incredibly smooth, and the best part was not one of our student servers spilled a drink on a senior adult...Big plus on the day.
  • That afternoon was semi relaxing until JP woke up. I'm not sure why he decided to get up with a horrible attitude but I should have figured it since we was going to be on stage singing for the AWANA ceremony.
  • Speaking of...I want to give a huge shout out to Heath and Rama who saved my child from the beating of a lifetime (please do not call child services) when they went on stage and put their arms around my boy before he did or said anything not smart. Seriously, I wouldn't have beat him, but I was expecting any minute for him to take off running and do a Superfly Jimmy Snuka body splash on all the kids in front of him. Yeah, that's an old school WWF reference by the way:)

2 comments:

Sayer said...

C'mon...Southern Gospel is really a step-brother to country, and we've already established that you love country.....

By the way, was the Yosemite Sam guy the same as that guy from the Oak Ridge Boys? (Saw him on a billboard in Branson)

Matt and Ricky said...

This group was called Ascension...I'm not sure about the Oak Ridge Boys guy. My issue with Southern Gospel is they act so much like entertainers, and that bothers me. And you know what...Keith Urban really isn't even country. He is more like...I don't know, but it is not country