Wednesday, May 27, 2009

NBA Playoffs

I'll confess. I love the NBA. I understand all the reasons people hate the NBA, but don't try to convince me to hate it to. I appreciate these extreme athletes that are capable of doing unimaginable feats. So one of my favorite times of the year is playoff time coming in second to March Madness (nothing beats college basketball). I want you to know that I do not miss a game. The thought of me missing Dwight Howard's pregame dance, Lebron dunking over 5 defenders, Chris "Byrdman" Anderson coming out of nowhere to block a shot into the stands, or Kobe missing the game winning shot only to go whine about how bad his teammates are absolutely kills me. I am also extremely thankful God blessed me with a wife who loves sports. She is amazing. When she was having contractions laying in the hospital bed hours before birthing JP...she let me watch ESPN classic with all the throw back historic college games. She didn't mind me getting up at 3 in the morning to watch the USA Olympic basketball team crush all who got in their way. And the NBA playoffs, well my lovely wife is right there beside me...taking in every shot.

BUT..........................................


My wife's recent obsession with Lebron James is kind of scary. When he hits the game winning shot, she goes ecstatic. I thought this was ok at first. I mean who doesn't love a buzzer beater. But last night when Lebron and the Cavs lost...she got angry. Really angry. She proceeded to tell me when I began laughing that "Lebron James is the NBA!!" Maybe she is just a big fan...You think?? Well, I guess I'll be ok until I catch her doing Lebron's pregame ritual of throwing powder in the air in the bathroom yelling, "Be A Witness!!"


Disclaimer: Please know that this was all a big joke. My wife is amazing and she loves watching basketball with me. She is mildly obsessed with Lebron, but it is nothing like what I made it seem here...RIGHT!!




No comments: