Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday's 7

  • Mentally getting prepared to preach in the morning. I'm not sure how Lead Pastors do this 3 times a week. I'm pumped and full of energy right now, but tomorrow after the service I will be absolutely drained.
  • Preaching on 1 Corinthians 3:10-13... Building on the Right Foundation, with the right materials, and with the right motive.
  • I'm looking forward to the 12 hour drive home Sunday afternoon. I haven't spent much time with my family this week and it will be sweet just driving and hanging out.
  • I went and played a mighty 4 holes of golf yesterday before I had and emergency phone call. I chipped in on hole #1 from about 30 yards out, by far the greatest shot of my life and no one was around to see it.
  • Speaking of my emergency phone call...I love student ministry. For someone to call me in a time of crisis in their life is amazingly humbling. I would give up golf or anything else any day to hug someone and pray with them through a trying time in their life.
  • Feeding the seniors and their families Bubba's BBQ after church tomorrow. I got a feeling Megan will be driving the first leg of the trip. Preaching and BBQ, I'll be asleep before we get to Green Forest.
  • By the way, 2 years in the waiting I finally bought a truck. It's nothing special at all, but it makes my day when JP yells, "Let's ride in the big boy truck!!" He loves that thing. He spent and hour and a half just walking around in the bed of it Thursday afternoon. I love it when he is happy.

No comments: