Monday, May 25, 2009

Alabama Breakdown

Megan and I took a spontaneous trip down to see the family this past week. Here are some things that went down:
  • We left after church Sunday morning and proceeded to drive 12 straight hours home. I wouldn't tell just anyone this, but with the blog readers you have to be honest: Megan drove the first 9 hours...pregnant. What can I say? She is hardcore.
  • Monday was spent trying to keep JP from running through the walls. I'm not sure why the Lord gave me a child with endless energy. Grandparents' houses are filled with toys...
  • Tuesday I went to play golf with my hero, Michael Whitt. I only say that because I know he doesn't read this. My game was on for the first 6 holes but completely collapsed after that. He dominated.
  • We got to spend some good time talking, and he helped me clear my head on a lot of things. Jesus has used Mike to do that many, many times.
  • Wednesday was a good day. I spent some quality time with my family and got to visit FBC Abbeville that night. Ryan is one of the best youth pastors I've ever met, and it is always a blessing to sit down and talk with him.
  • Also, Timbo preached. Timbo was one of my students who accepted his call in the ministry. He did an awesome job. I even teared up a little when he started his message. I still remember watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air on Sunday mornings with him at the house before church started. He is Ryan's intern for the summer and he'll be great.
  • That night we headed to Megan's parents. Conversation is always interesting at that house.
  • Thursday was pretty quiet, but JP did get to do some fishing...in their swimming pool. That was the funniest thing I've ever seen, "Daddy, can we go fishing...in the pool??!!"
  • Friday me and Megan's dad drove to Dothan, AL to get our cell phones worked on. I used to be hardcore for Verizon, but they've let me down here lately.
  • JP got a new Batman car and 4-wheeler from Toys R' Us...Grandparents, and for some reason especially granddads, love buying toys for the grandson.
  • Friday night was peaceful. The women were at graduation and me, Mr. Dennis, and JP hung out at the house. JP watched a movie and things were quiet...until graduation was over. You got to love it when people get your son all wild and then leave just so the parents can try and settle him down again.
  • Saturday we left about 6:30 in the morning and drove 12 hours back, but I was the one who hardcore this time...I drove, not all the way, but the majority!! (Insert manly grunt here)
  • Glad to be back in Berryville. We miss the folks, but God has us here for a reason.

1 comment:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Glad that you are home {in Arkansas}. Love that JP wanted to go fishing in the pool!