Monday, May 11, 2009

I Have Seen The Light

Here is a little recap of Friday night and Saturday Morning:
  • We started the night off with some flag football. When I had a 9th grade guy smash a 12th grade girl, I thought this could seriously be a bad idea. I'm just glad the girl was Aubree Fry, Superwoman. Dude, this girl could bench press me, and this monster hit just fired her up.
  • Right after the game, we moved into a little "Gotcha" competition or "Knock-Out" if you are weird and you really don't know the name of the game. I was struggling on the still sore ankle, and I was somewhat embarrassed when then 7th grade girls (who are very skilled at basketball) started dominating me.
  • When we got back to the church we began worship. Troy did a fantastic job. This guy is seriously skilled and I recommend him to anyone needing a worship leader. We saw some students truly broken over their sin, and one guy I got to talk to really started examining himself and his salvation. It was a good time.
  • This is when it all started going downhill. When you have a group of people who want to sleep and another group who has more energy than Speedy Gonzalez on 5-hour energy...it doesn't mix well.
  • We survived, and I am just now crawling out of the fetal position and pulling my thumb out of my mouth.
  • What light have I seen you ask?? Well, this day I promise: I WILL NEVER DO ANOTHER LOCK-IN!!

2 comments:

TroyC said...

LOOOOONG night

Wes George said...

I gave up on lock-ins a few years ago. I guess I'm just getting old. Hats off to you for doing one though. Sounds like you had a good one.