Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mind Dump

I'm sitting here in the office thinking through all the things I need to get done. I have ton of stuff going on, and I can't really think straight with so much stuff clogging my brain. So here, for all the world to see, I choose to lay it all out in the open:
  • I'm preaching tonight on 1 John 2:1-17. Basically we are going over very specific characteristics a believer MUST have in their life. These are suggestions but Biblical commands. A believer must have a working knowledge of Christ and the atonement, A believer must be obedient, and a believer must love. I'm thankful God cares so much about our conversion that He continually speaks through his word about this very issue.
  • Sunday morning is our Senior Graduation Service. We will lose three students to college. I'm excited about this service for several reasons. 1st, we are eating Bubba's BBQ afterwards. 2nd, I think this is really nice for the parents. 3rd, I'm preaching, and I always love to do that.
  • I'll be preaching on 1 Corinthians 3:10-13. We'll talk about building a building. No, not some physical structure but the Body of Christ. Paul calls us God's building, and we need to make sure we are building the way God has called us to build: On the right foundation (Jesus) and only with materials that will survive the test of fire (1 order doctrines, holy living, etc.).
  • Hit up Itunes and get Kristian Stanfill's new album Attention...It is crazy good. As much respect I have for the father's of modern worship music (Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Charlie Hall, David Crowder...I mean seriously, in 20 years the Baptist hymnal will consist only of these guys, their songs and their versions of old school hymns) Stanfill's album is every bit as good and maybe even a little better. I Need You and Lord of All are ridiculous.
  • Heading to Alabama next week. What are my plans you ask? Fishing and golf...that's about it.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Is the whole family coming or just you?

Anonymous said...

Dude thank you for preaching the truth. I'm sick of hearing people say "don't judge me" or "you're not suppose to judge others". Many or most Christians don't realize that Paul rebuked the Corinthians in 1 Cor. 5 for not judging those within the church. Paul says in 5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you" Draw the line brother and if a brother sins, call him out.