Monday, September 21, 2009

Bringing Blogging Back

Yeah I know... It’s been years (or maybe months) since the last time I blogged. The reasons for the absence is really endless, and to be honest I’m not sure enough of you read this to absolutely care... but I like to humor myself. I’ve been so out of touch for so long, some of you may not even know we’ve moved. We’ve had tons of things going on and trying to fill you in on everything in one post is probably not the smartest thing to try and do, but I have never claimed to be the smartest person. So here we go in traditional Ricky style Attention Deficit Disorder bullet form:

  • We now live in Knoxville, TN where I am the Minister of Students and Education at Ebenezer Baptist Church. I’m still not sure what that means, but it sounds amazing:)
  • Megan and I have also been homeless since we made the move a month ago. We lived in a house (that was in the process of being sold and closed on) for the first couple of weeks until we had to get out of there. We have since been living in a house that is owned by a church members brother who lives in Poland maybe?? I’m not sure but it is furnished and these people have been amazing and are deeply, deeply loved and appreciated.
  • The good news is that another church member built a house and is selling it to us. We are waiting for the cabinets, floors, countertops, and a few other things to come in before we get to move into our own home.
  • I will never build a house...
  • John Timothy... the newest addition to the Sowell family... will be here October 5th. Megan has decided to be induced again. I would rather her water break while she was hitting a high note in the choir:) Wouldn’t that be exciting??!!
  • I bought a Mac... I love it like I do my child:) (I’m just joking... sort of)
  • The students here are great. We’ve fished, ate, played football and wiffle ball, spoons, and hit ping pong balls at each other with no shirts on. Good times.
  • I for sure miss my students and all of my adult workers in Berryville... and Heath and Lisa:)
  • My new Pastor, Matt, is insane. He is a worker approved by God, not ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. He studies, visits, loves, and blows in kids noses.
  • JP seems to be doing great here. He is digging AWANA and was one of the only cubbies who threw the football and knocked over the pin at rec time. I’m a proud dad.
  • Yes, I'm very aware that my blog says "cutest blog on the block". Marci called me out on this way back, but I can't seem to get it off even if I change my layout. So please hold all, "Ricky is such a dork" comments.
  • I'm not sure why I'm so excited about blogging again, but I really am pumped. Daily blogging like back in the day is a HUGE possibility.
  • Now that I have my Mac and Krystals has free WiFi... I’m bringing blogging back.

5 comments:

KM said...

Marvelous, Mr Timberlake. Just marvelous.

Andy Blankenship said...

Its about time!!!! I for one have missed the madness.

Anonymous said...

yay!! he's baaacckkkk!!

:)
love ya...miss ya!
Lisa

Lucy said...

It's about stinkin' time. A word of warning, Tennessee fans are a rabid bunch and they hate Alabama more than any other team in the world. They will also try to talk smack but as anyone who has seen UT's record can tell you, it's all just talk.

Welcome back to the blogging world.

Karma McNew said...

I am so hurt that you have talked about Matt in 2 different posts and yet, no mention of the McNews....gee thanks pal!!!! I feel loved...:-( LOL