Wednesday, September 30, 2009

She is Woman

So it starts today... I’m wondering exactly how it will go. You see today both sets of grandparents are leaving. I’m in the office working. Therefore, my beautiful wife is at home with the 3 1/2 year old and a 5 day old... all alone. I really haven’t thought about this much until I got at least 25 texts yesterday asking how JP was “handing the competition”. So far, Megan and myself has had 2 grandma’s doing work son. JP has had granddad’s running him around wherever he wants and playing whatever he wants. JP has spent the night at home only once since John was born. So to answer those texts... JP hasn’t had any competition. He has had more attention since the birth of John than he has gotten since he was 5 days old. Now in my head I picture Megan all alone with John and.... DUM DUM DUM!!! JP!! The most energetic, talkative, rambunctious, hungry, needy, bathroom going boy in the world. I think I need to run home now...


But then I think... I’m talking about Megan here. The mom of moms... She is woman. And I have the upmost respect and trust in her ability to parent 30 kids just like JP. I still remember the day she told me she felt called to be a mom. I was so proud. We had just gotten pregnant (you can read that as if I was pregnant too, but you know what I mean) and she was totally convicted over the God-placed desire in her heart. I told her there was no way we would make it financially. She said it was time to cut back. I said she would be soooo bored. She asked what could be more fulfilling than raising a child up in the Lord. So we started on our journey of sacrifice so she could fulfill her calling... being a mom.


God has been so good. We cut-off cable, God gave me a sweet lady named Mrs. Kristi Allums who wouldn’t allow me to live life without ESPN. God gave Megan a job where should only had to work one day a week at a bank just so she could get out and I could have a whole day with baby JP.


Why would I ever be worried about her now. David asked in Psalm 31:19 just how abundant was God’s goodness??!! After experiencing the life he had, deep in sin and in victory, David knew like no other the great grace of our God. God has placed this mom desire in her heart... He that began a good work in her with complete it. And through this major adjustment in our lives He will be sanctifying us. Sometimes it will hurt. Sometimes it will be amazing. Whatever God’s chosen method we will proclaim, “The Lord gives and the Lord takes away... Blessed be the Name of the Lord!!”

1 comment:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

This is a really nice post. Megan is wonderful Mother and Woman of God! Appreciate every moment with her. :)