Friday, January 30, 2009

Ice Ice Baby

I hate ice. I don't think I'll even put any in my cup of Dr. Pepper anymore. That's how I feel right now. I didn't think it was possible for ice to actually uproot trees, but (as shocking as this may be) I have been wrong before. So here's an update:

1. We don't have power
2. We don't have heat
3. We are on our third day of bumming off Allen and Marci
4. Alabama is horrible and can't even beat Arkansas when they are declared a Natural Disaster Area.
5. I figured out I whine way too much.

So, for today's edition of "Ricky, quit being a big baby and suck it up!!" I decided to list a few good things that have came out of the (start doom music now) "Ice Storm of the Century!!"
  • Staying with Allen and Marci has been pretty awesome despite the fact that I feel like a bum. JP and Benjamin keep each other entertained, Georgia-Kate makes me feel good about myself because she smiles at me, and God is allowing to spend more time with Allen to convince him of his Sunday school teaching obligation.

  • I have gotten to visit some of our older saints in the church. They need some help and God is allowing us to serve during this time.
  • As much destruction as this has caused...it is incredibly beautiful. B-Dutt's wife described it as the "Glorious Ruin"...pretty hardcore.

  • JP and Benjamin are getting to sled every afternoon. This is something I never got to do.

  • The interruption of our normal everyday life has not stopped my wife from cleaning and straightening up every 5 seconds. She cleans...I'm pretty thankful for that.
  • This whole ice incident may help me convince my wife I need a four-wheel drive truck:)

Since we have family who checks this out semi-regular...here are some pics so you can take a sneak peek in our life:

Trees down everywhere!!
That's right...Ice
I have never seen ice form around tree limbs
Our Backyard
Snow...
JP loves to do this.
Benjamin heading down the hill
Best Buds
You can't tell it here...but there is a naked lady in the fountain:)
They are pretty cold...






No comments: