Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday Recap

  • Maybe the two best sermons I have ever heard Bro. Scott preach was yesterday. I'm all about truth.
  • Sunday School was really good. James 3:1-12...tame the tongue.
  • I told Allen that he agreed to teach Sunday School for me...He quickly reminded me that I should quit dreaming.
  • AWANA kicked back off and I was pretty excited. I needed that extra 2 hours to do some school work, but spent the whole time hanging out with some of our students. The truth is...they are worth it.
  • We had a Honduras Mission meeting last night. I think it went really well even after I told them that suffering was inevitable. Probably not a smart move on my part but truth is truth. God is worthy to suffer for...Look at Jesus.
  • I asked the team to do two things for me last night. 1. Write down how much you have raised and 2. write down how much you are willing to pay for yourself. I need these numbers so I can know exactly how much we need to raise. God is good and last night we already have over half the expenses covered.
  • Russell and Erin came over to the house last night. While they were there, my phone rang and it was a guy from the church wanting Russell's number. I handed Russell the phone and all the man wanted to do was tell Russell how great our worship was yesterday. You have to love church members like that.

2 comments:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Yesterday was a great day! Allen and I both enjoyed John Piper. I think he is great. And...yes, I think I do need two bags...but only on Sunday! Isn't it better to carry two bags than forget my bible?! :)

Anonymous said...

You are not the mafia (although you think you are gangsta) and I will not be a victim of extortion... besides I said I would help you with Sunday School if you could get some more help. ha. Great day yesterday, and I can't see how the John Piper video would offend anyone, who can halfway see the truth.