Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Five

You want to know what has consumed my thoughts today...Here you go:
  • I listened to a biographical sermon on George Whitefield. My favorite part is when he proclaimed, "I will not be a velvet-mouthed preacher!!" Lord, help me preach that boldly.
  • I got an email the other day asking to give a "blurb" on my sermon topic for Branson's Young Christian Weekend. The title is "The Depth of Discipleship"...We'll talk about loving God, loving prayer, loving the church, and loving the Gospel.
  • I don't think I accurately made it known in blog world exactly how good Allen and Marci were to us while we had no power or heat. Hospitality is a spiritual gift and that family proved to have it. I love those guys and appreciate them more than they know.
  • There are a few people God has laid on my heart to share the Gospel with...Pray for me as He ordains specific times for me to share my faith.
  • I read in Matthew 9 the other day where it tells us that Jesus looked upon the people and was moved to compassion...why? Because they were lost. Lord break our hearts for those who are scattered and wondering around.

1 comment:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Thanks for your nice words about us...we aren't that great. We just really like Megan. :)