Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Mind Dump

  • I just got an email from my Romans professor telling the class that we should be in the editing stage of our third draft for our research paper...I guess that means I should have at least picked out my topic by now. I'm such a loser
  • All-Star weekend was awesome. I know a lot of you out there don't like the NBA, but I admit, I do enjoy it. The skills challenge, three point shoot out, and dunk contest were all great with still a mediocre game.
  • Church was really good yesterday. We got to introduce the Honduras Mission Team and they actually got a nice "church clap". That makes me feel a lot better.
  • During AWANA yesterday afternoon I got to sit in my office with two of our junior high girls and dig into there brains about dating. I was really encouraged and discouraged at the same time. These girls actually had a great mindset on dating...it's pointless, and if you do "date" (yes one of the girls actually did quotations with her fingers) it is really dumb to get emotionally attached. I think they feel this way is because some physco youth pastor has drilled it into there heads that boys are dogs:) Maybe good parenting has a little to do with it too...actually it has everything to do with it.
  • Discouraging because of what girls are thinking and doing who don't have a physco youth pastor. These girls need their dads to tell them how beautiful and precious they are...not some hormonal boy.
  • Oh yeah...JP is potty-trained!! Or at least he has been for this whole past week. He has even been sleeping in some sweet big boy underwear. Yeah, I'm a proud dad even though mom did all the work. We were in Geraldi's (a local joint) yesterday eating and he said loudly, "I need to pee pee!!" So I jump up and start walking him to the bathroom when he sees one of our churches families enjoying their meal. For some reason he thought they might want to know as he grabs their table and says, "I'm going to go pee...I'll be right back."

1 comment:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Okay, that is way too funny about Geraldi's. Good Job, JP! We are so proud for him!

Hey, I got several positive comments about the trip....and only a few "you are leaving your kids?" comments.