Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh Dook...

Well, here's a funny story...that may eventually cost me my job...but nevertheless funny. A guy came into my office last week and here is how the conversation went:

Me- Whats up man? What can I do for you?
Him- I'm an artist and I'm in town for a little while...can I paint your youth room?
Me- Sure dude...go ahead

Of course I left out the part about me asking Mrs. Rama and Bro. Scott and they both said yes, but I still didn't have time to go through the proper approving channels that us Southern Baptist put in place so well. Well the guy did a fantastic job up stairs in the youth room and I will take pics and post them later when I'm not being so lazy. Then I had the bright idea, "Hey, let's do something in my office." Don't get me wrong I think the end result is freaking intense, but I'm just going to keep my door closed for awhile. He painted one of walls and this is how it turned out:


I know...ridiculous right!! It is insane and upstairs looks, in my opinion, even cooler. I just think it was really weird how this guy ended up here of all places. So I'm going to wait a few days to see if I'll be calling any of you for a job:)

2 comments:

Lucy said...

That may be one of the most profound post titles I've read. Keep up the good work.

PS. My word verification to leave a comment is "demped" and I can't help but then of "dumped" which can be used in the same context as "dook".

So apparently we're both perpetually 12 years old.

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

yeah, you are totally getting fired! Haha. It looks awesome!