Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Who is your Hope?

My goal throughout this post is to stay cool and calm. I'm not sure how successful I'll be, but you got a fair warning at the beginning:

This whole election has been a cultural phenomenon. I honestly cannot remember anything like it. I was ok with all the disagreement since the beginning...every one has a right to an opinion. But here lately I have gotten real frustrated with strong believers thinking life is over because who they wanted to be in the White House didn't make it. People after People saying, "I'm moving to Canada" (Which is a godless place so apparently God is not your priority just your priority is your god), or "McCain or Amsterdam" (I'm sorry guys but even McCain can't legalize pot).

Please understand that I am aware that there may be some extremely tough times ahead. The frustrating thing for me is that I have heard many people ignore the fundamental truth of the Sovereignty of God!! Or if they do mention it...directly after is some negative comment about the future state of America!!

OK...I need to calm down before I write anymore...talk amongst yourselves...I'll give you a topic: "Football's are made of pigskin but you never hear PETA complaining about that." Discuss....(even in a heated moment I can make Saturday Night Live comments)

My buddy Ryan, who I do not get to talk to enough, wrote an incredible facebook note mentioning that our hope is not found in government, economic stability, or the military...It is found in King Jesus. The most powerful part was his mentioning of the children's future...He then asks a sobering question, "Will our children's future in the Gospel change??" I'm pleading with you brothers and sisters in Christ, know that God is sovereign. Do not lose faith in Christ because your candidate did not win...God is still God

Here is Ryan's note in whole if you want to read this short...convincing piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post. I'm sick and tired of everybody running around like Chicken Little thinking the world is going to end because the guy they voted for didn't win.

ROMANS 13:1 PEOPLE!!!! LOOK IT UP!

Hey Ricky, call me. Got a question to ask you...