Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update On...Me

I'm fully aware that I may have lost all 4 of you guys that read this since it has been over a week since I last posted. What can I say?? I'm a slacker. Anyway, here is a little updaye on things going on lately:
  • Traveled to Alabama this past weekend with JP, Heath, and Lisa. I was kinda worried how we were going to do without SuperMom, but JP was actually incredible. Praise the Lord for portable DVD players. I am also thankful she decided to skip out on the easy plane ride home and make the 13 hour ride home with us.

.

  • While we were home I got to enjoy the Peanut Festival and take two Arkansans to see what a real fair looked like...Needless to say, they were impressed. Especially with the food.



  • Another big event that took place this weekend was my ordination. Yeah, that's right, I'm an ordained pastor now. I am, however, not above slapping you if you ever call me Reverend Ricky:)

  • I got to see several of my best friends while we were home including the world famous Phillip Weems...the Rock Star



  • I'm really pumped about what God is doing at FBC Abbeville. Bro. Mike is one of the most hardcore preachers I have ever met, and God gave me a great blessing by allowing me to serve with him in Abbeville.
  • I'm also glad I got to see my parents and my in-laws. They have some really amazing hearts, and I do not appreciate them enough.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

You couldn't swing by LBC while you were here? jk
Hope things are going great for yall.

Love ya

Kayla

Lucy said...

Dude, is that a handlebar mustache your friend is sportin'?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your ordination...that's awesome! Glad to see things are going good for you.

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Glad you are back, in Arkansas...it's not the same without ya'll. Sounds like you had a great trip.