Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Youth Room

Well, we came to the conclusion that 20 students in our house is a little too much on Wednesday nights. So I went and bought some new stuff for our flippin' sweet youth room. This way after service on Wed. nights the youth room will stay open till 9 and my house doesn't get crushed and I stayed married. We tried it out for the first time last night and it worked incredibly. We had a NCAA Football tourney which I would have dominated if I could have stopped the stinking option, the wii got some serious use before and after service, rock band was jamming hard in the corner, and ping pong was actually being played like it should have. I still hate the fact the I won't have the younger kids at the house as much, but I'm sure we will keep seeing the ones who can drive. Some of you guys wanted to see our new paint job so here it is:
This is next to our media area...sorry for the mess

This is the old game area, but it has completely been reorganized thanks to my wife and king decorator Russell

Yeah, that's Jesus. He hangs around our place:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm diggin' those couches. Where'd you get them?

Sayer said...

Jason did an incredible job on the walls. He has skillz...yes, that's with a Z.

And who could decorate without Russell's input on the Feng Shui.

Wes George said...

Your youth room and your office look amazing! Does this guy live around here or was it kind of like an angel flew in and left after the job was done?

Lucy said...

This is a far cry from our old youth room of music posters and construction paper stars on the ceiling.

I think you could use some plain white cinder block walls, however. Nothing says "Welcome to youth" like cold cement at your back.

Matt and Ricky said...

- The couches were here when I got here
- The guy lives in Mississippi...he's gone now but I have some more for him to paint if he ever comes back so I got dibs
- Russell is the next "Top Design" star
- Lucy, nothing will ever replace those cold white block walls against my nodding head:)Those were the days