Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adult Bible Study

Today is New Years Eve...Tonight we have Church. I know what you are thinking, but this is one of the many things I really appreciate about our church. We don't ever just not have Church. Since Bro. Scott is out of town, I get to the lead the adult bible study tonight. I'm pretty pumped even though I think our numbers will be WAY down. We are going to talk about some New Years Resolutions. I did some research on the origin of these resolutions what I found out is that their motives for these resolutions back in 153 B.C. (the first recordings of New Years Resolutions) is pretty much the same as ours today. We want to be better this coming year than we were the last. Whether it is physical, emotional, or spiritual betterment...we want to be better. Tonight I'm going to share with the church some things I've committed myself to praying for in 2009 for this church:

1. I'm going to pray that we learn deeper (Hebrews 6:1-2)
2. I'm going to pray that the older mentor the younger (Titus 2:2-8)
3. I'm going to pray that we test God in our giving (Malachi 3:10)

Well, those are the three things that will be studied in depth tonight. My other hopes are that we will see the importance of family and that we will all commit to pray hard for our Body.

What are your resolutions??

1 comment:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

You are so RIGHT...I kinda had a bad attitude about having the service, tonight. Thank you for reminding me how blessed we are to be part of a faithful body.