Monday, December 15, 2008

My Reads

If you noticed, I changed my "My Reads" section. I deleted some and added others. It is not that the ones I deleted were not worthy of my list, I have just realized how much time I waste reading blogs. The ones that stayed or were added...now those are worthwhile every day reads. Here is a breakdown of the Chosen Ones:

Slayer: Matt is a teacher a Berryville Highschool. A really cool guy with a much cooler last name (Sayer). He could be one of the smartest guys I've met in a long time. He is a politics machine and he loves sports. So this will always be an interesting read.

Marci: Marci is a charter member here at Southern Heights (joking). We love her family and her boy Benjamin and my boy JP are best friends. If you like all the froo-froo decorating stuff...this is a blog for you:) Plus, you'll get some hilarious stories pretty regularly.

TJ: Singer/Song writer who doesn't blog that often, but when he does prepare to get blown away by his use of words.

Wes: A youth pastor who needs to blog more often:) This guy is serious about the Faith

Jessie: A student here at DM. I understand she is WAY too busy, but I'll be selfish anyway and say, "Start blogging again!!"

Ryan: FBC Abbeville's upgrade from me:) Definitely in my top five greatest youth pastors of all time...

You Can Know God: Michael is the Pastor of Oak Leaf Church in Georgia. One of the most engaging speakers I have ever heard.

And They Laughed Until it Hurt: B-Dutt is a youth pastor over in Lowell, AR. I could learn a lot from this guy if he would write a little more often...yep Brad, I called you out:)

Kristen: Calvary Baptist Youth Group Alumni and Mom of the year award runner up...Who got first place you ask?? Well, my wife of course.

Mary Anne: Calvary Baptist Youth Group Alumni and the one who taught me that sarcasm is an art form. You must work at it.

Lucy: Calvary Baptist Youth Group Alumni and possibly the funniest person I have ever met. We see things on the same level.

Rise Up: Andy is a Pastor and cousin to my wife. One of my heroes and by far the boldest guy I have ever met.

I hope you check out these blogs. They are definitely worth your time.

**UPDATE** I, by all means, meant to add Kasey to the list. This was a honest mistake, for I cannot lie (I'm a youth pastor...we aren't allowed to lie). Kasey I'm sorry, and I honestly do read your blog every update. My mistake:)

6 comments:

Kasey said...

my feelings are hurt that I didn't make the list! I see how it is

Sayer said...

Wow! I guess I've fooled one person into thinking I'm smart. I've been working on that.

Lucy said...

I am deeply honored.

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Whew! I am so glad I didn't get deleted. Thanks for your kind words.

Matt and Ricky said...

Please see update...I promise it was a honest mistake

Gracious Gifts said...

I'm so excited that someone actually reads my blog! :) And, I will gladly take 2nd place to your sweet wife! Thanks, Ricky, you rock!