Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Morning Thoughts

Prepare yourself for this statement..."I'm in a pretty serious mood this morning." I know this doesn't happen a lot, but here for the past couple of days it seems as though I can't be normal. So here are a few things that are rampaging in my mind:
  • I'm reading a book by Fancis Chan called "Crazy Love". I definitely recommend this one. Chan is one of the best preachers I've heard and the dude is committed to solid theology unlike most of the nut jobs out there.
  • The first chapter is filled with the theme of how awesome and big God is. Have you ever sat down and thought just how amazing this world is and how completely unimportant it seems on a universal scale. God chose us in the mist of the hugeness of the universe. It made me examine Psalm 46:10 in a whole new light.
  • I got to play basketball with a completely new group of guys last night at the community center. My desire is to be salty. I want people to see a difference in me while I'm playing and after we are done. Last night as I began to start developing some relationships, I got to meet another strong believer. God is good.
  • I just listened to the sermon "Jesus is NOT the reason for the season." Really intense...Check it out.
  • I'm praying really hard for Berryville right now. God is ready to do some big stuff in this town and I want to be a part of it. Do you??
  • Tonight's youth service is going to be extreme. "Complications, Celebration, and Compassion" is the title. Be ready see the Christmas story in a real way.
  • Shout out goes to my buddy Clint, a pastor down in Alabama. He preached a sermon in first person and I think it was a great idea. Thank you for your heart for the Gospel.
  • Like Slayer, I also hate Christmas music. But Relient K's "I Celebrate the Day" is still the best Christmas song of all time to me.
  • I wish my blog was as popular as Marci's.

So there you go...just some thoughts. I'm about to pray and read, and just seek the heart of God for a while. I'm pretty excited because I can feel a dry season coming to an end because the Grace of God is so incredible. If you are dry...let Him rain down on you.

5 comments:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Okay....I am not that popular. It'a just that I am goofy enough to spend a bunch of time (that I don't really have)..taking pictures of my Christmas decor and joining up with "pretend" Christmas home tours. It's silly, really!

But, I know that you love looking at my Christmas Trees. haha
I wish ya'll would come and see them..."in real life."

Sayer said...

Sorry for the reliant K oversight...don't think I've ever heard it.

Matt and Ricky said...

It is definitely worth checking ouot...the whole Christmas album is worth a buy.

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Hey..I am up to 27 comments.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Shout man. Shoot me an email with your address and I will get you a copy of the service if you like.

Clint