Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday's 7

Cool things going on. Here are 7:
  • We had 28 students here for Desiringmore last wed. You wanna know the incredibly cool thing about the 28?? Probably 25 of them that attended were seeking... It was a good night
  • For our "You've Got Questions...We've Got Answers" series in Sunday School, here is the first question will discuss: Is taking a single drink of alcohol wrong? And, if not, how much is? Where's the line? It's going to be one heck of a morning.
  • I went and played basketball at 6 a.m. twice this week. I feel like I'm in better shape already...NOT!! (old school right there)
  • Alabama has got Ole Miss today at 2:30. We have an incredible schedule set up for us to win out. Something will happen...it always does.
  • I got contacted by a church planter over in Fayetteville today. He is a part of the Acts 29 network and I'm looking forward to see what God does through those guys. We'll eat lunch soon and I'll be able to find out more about them so I can start praying...Church planting has got to be tough.
  • I went to the "Great Passion Play" last night over in Eureka with Megan, JP, Russell, and Erin. It was good, and JP got pretty ticked when the guys started beating up Jesus..."HEY!! Thats not nice!!"
  • On another: "You've got to love my kid" note, we walked passed some guy who was smoking and JP yelled, "EEWWW!! Thats disgusting!!" Yep...thats my boy. Never shying away from speaking his mind.

No comments: