Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday's Seven

  • I'm about to head to Rogers with the family to do some shopping. Oh how I love to shop...
  • We went to the Green Forest homecoming game last night to see our very own Tiana Anderson get crowned Homecoming Queen. I know now after last night why God didn't give me a sister because when those two guys gave her kisses on the cheek I freaked out. I don't like that kissing stuff.
  • I'm not sure if you have ever felt your heart-break at the same time that it is overflowing with joy. That's how I feel with our students. Some completely turning their backs on Christ and some digging so deep...Ministry is so tough.
  • I read a John Owens sermon on "The Mortification of Sin" this week. I now realized you can place John Owens up there with John Calvin, Johnathon Edwards, Martin Luther, and Augustine.
  • Me and Megan really want to name our children meaningful things. JP's name actually has a double meaning. James: my grandad (an incredible man of God) and James the half brother of Jesus. Paul: my middle name and the Apostle Paul, my hero. We have already picked out a girls name if we have one of those things:) If a boy I would really like to name him...I can't tell you yet, but it will be posted at a later date.
  • I'm reading a couple of books right now I would definitely recommend: Death by Love by Mark Driscoll and Taste and See by John Piper.
  • I need to preach...it is erupting inside of me.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Is there some baby news you need to share?