Monday, October 6, 2008

To My Dad...

Today is my Dad's birthday, and in honor of that I want to tell you a few amazing facts about him:
  1. He always seemed to stay extremely gentle with his family, and now that I'm a husband and father, I see how incredibly difficult this can be.
  2. My dad has worked swing shifts ever since I was born, but he hardly ever missed anything I did in when I was in school. When I say "hardly ever" I mean I can think of like three games he ever missed.
  3. Me and Megan were talking about how kind-hearted he was just the other day. He'll do anything for anybody...especially his family.
  4. He reminds me of one of the greatest men I ever knew...my granddad...his dad.
  5. He was always under appreciated, but he never stopped loving and giving. That is remarkable.
  6. He showed me how to always love my wife no matter the situation, and to do everything possible to make sure your kids know that you love them. He is my example as a father and a husband.

I love you dad, and with the deepest affection...thank you for being the dad you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie! I decided to take a break from cleaning & catch up on your postings. This one was SO sweet. Your dad is an amazing dad & you are just like him. I am very blessed to be a part of your family & be your wife! I love you!