Monday, July 21, 2008

Day One: Registration

My first post in the M-Fuge Blog series and I'm starting with registration??!! I know that may sound weird to a lot of you guys but there is something I learned from this and it may be a little more on the administrative side of things. My lesson was this: Whatever you do...do it well. These guys at m-fuge were amazing. As soon as we pulled up staffers were in the parking lot with us hanging out and directing us to the next station. They took our students to pick out track times and took us adults to another "chill out for second" place to let us settle down. When we met back with our students they were playing some really cheesy games but they were entertained and excited about the week. When the students learned they were not going to be in the same group with each other I believe they got a little nervous. We were each split into either PCY (painting, construction, and yard work), Games and Rec, Social, and Children's with each group assigned a country to represent throughout the week. Everything went as smoothly and as perfect as I could have ever hoped for and it is because the staffers at M-fuge took time to meet our students, learn names, and make it easy for us youth pastors. I appreciate there Christ-like example and we'll definitely be fuging it up next summer.

No comments: