Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Rockin My Face Off

I love music. I'm not a musician or anything, but I know what I like to listen to. I probably don't appreciate the art of music and the work it takes to create it. Phillip Weems, Adam Vinson, and TJ Mauldin are all guys who know music. Tanner Ethridge is another guy who likes all of the artsy stuff like Coldplay...whom I absolutely hate. Phil is into screamo, Adam is a good ole acoustic guy, and TJ hangs out with the Crabb Family. So although I don't know music as well as a lot of people, I have gotten to hang out with some pretty amazing musicians. I just wanted today to give you some bands that have been kicking in my Honda lately...
  • Jeff Johnson Band- These guys took a great hymn and made it one of the most amazing modern day worship songs I have ever heard. Tons of people have turned hymns into modern day music, but this is absolutely my favorite, and that includes David Crowder's Come Thou Fount and Chris Tomlin's Wonderful Cross
  • Trip Lee- One of the most solid biblical people I have ever listened too...period. This man has a passion for truth and it is evident in his music. Besides being one of the sickest rappers I have ever listened too (including secular), every song points to the real Jesus. Check out all of the 116 Clique.
  • TJ Mauldin Band- Always on my list, I know these guys hearts and it makes their music even more real to me than it already is. Culturally relevant lyrics with the truth of God's word, these guys do not compromise their mission to share Jesus with everyone they meet in a way that is effective but again NEVER leaving biblical truth. I love these guys.
  • Flyleaf- Sweet Sound...Simply Sweet. Listen to "All Around Me" and try not to nod your head...Go ahead...I dare you.
  • Tenth Avenue North- I get a great old school feel from these guys. Possibly on the rise to be my new most listened too.

So there it is. I know I don't have any weird bands on the list, and when I say weird I mean Coldplay and other bands metro-sexual worship leaders listen to to get inspiration from, but these are the guys who I'm digging here lately. Click the band name links and check them out.

No comments: