Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday's 7

I thought I would take a break from the M-Fuge recap and get back to the basics of Saturday's...what can I say? I'm a traditionalist.
  • I'm about to order me some Toms. What are Toms you ask? They are shoes. Really cool shoes. And for every pair you buy an underprivileged child in another country gets a pair too. So I'm buying the family some shoes.
  • My birthday was yesterday. It was a pretty normal day, which is fine with me. I got some money, a cool boat ride offer, Jessie hooked me up with a sweet picture with quotes around it (although I wish it could have been a picture of me and her together), and my wife made me a picture book of JP and cooked an amazing birthday meal.
  • I'm preaching tomorrow morning and I'm really excited. The marks of a Believer through Justification, Sanctification, and Glorification...I know what you are thinking but come anyway.
  • School is about to start and I'm surprisingly excited. The break has been nice but I'm ready to start learning some more...WHOA, that sounds weird.
  • I hate paying bills!! That's the reason me and Megan don't have any money.
  • I had a guy come into my office the other day and randomly start blasting another church. He was telling me how unbiblical they were and how the pastor was all about money. I need to call the guy and apologize because I semi-lost it on him. For all of you guys who want to step in my office and talk bad about people doing Jesus-work: Do your homework on what they are really about and don't listen to what other ignorant people tell you, and then come and talk to me:)
  • I'm about to go preach the sermon to an empty sanctuary and pray...if you want a preview sneak in the front doors and sit on the steps...It's about to get loud!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ricky!
Thanks so much for writing about TOMS in your blog- I'm so excited you're buying them for your whole family :) I would love to send you a little gift to show our appreciation. Will you email me your mailing address?

Thanks again, take care!

Caitlin
caitlin@tomsshoes.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't have a different pic...but it works ya know. I was partial to the "Thank You for Not Smoking" sign behind you. :D