Sunday, July 13, 2008

Going to Serve

Leaving bright and early in the morning. That's us. We are heading to St.Louis to do inner-city mission work for 6 days. I'm incredibly excited and ready to serve. I've noticed in preparation for this trip that I really do focus to much on me and I need to just start praying for a servants heart. That's what I want.

Also I get to preach the first out of three messages tonight to our congregation. God vs. Culture is the title of tonight's message. I've prayed and worked and prayed and worked. For all you guys who won't be around for tonight's message I have a question for all you parents. It's the main question I'll be asking tonight during the message. When your kids leave home and if they choose to turn their back on the faith...will their blood be on your hands? Paul said that he would be free from the blood of the people of Ephesus because he did not shy away from sharing the whole counsel of God. Paul told those people everything about sin, grace, and redemption. Have we told everyone else everything we know about the plan of God. If we haven't...then we are guilty and covered in their blood.

You won't here from me for a week...I know you are depressed but check my reads section to the right. You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Wow! You did a great job, tonight. Thank you for speaking the truth and challenging us. Keeping you, Megan/JP and the kids in my prayers this week. Looking forward to hearing what God is going to do in St. Louis, this week.

Andy Blankenship said...

Amen son get on them parents and hold them accountable. Megan said yall had been reading some Voddie Baucham. God has used that brother to bring some much needed revival to my home. I miss you guys but know yall are where you need to be. Hope to see you soon.