Sunday, August 24, 2008

Elevate Recap

Yesterday I had some questions that were really crowding my mind about last night's big back to school event. I thought I would share the answers with you:
  • We had MORE than the projected 40 students and ended up having 47. 47 stinking students. God is ridiculously amazing.
  • Did it rain? Well, while we were sitting in the Chinese restaurant at lunch, everything went completely black. It looked like we were going to have a full blown storm. When we got back to the office and checked the weather, it was raining EVERYWHERE but here. I actually saw with my own eyes God change the weather...Again, ridiculously amazing.
  • The band, Dash-3, did a great job. As they play more places and get more comfortable they'll do some really cool things for Jesus. They lead worship this morning at church and did an incredible job.
  • Are the adults excited about the ministry?? I'll say yes after 40 of them showed up for Elevate last night. I'm truly thankful for adults who love Jesus and love kids.
  • Will our students grasp the mission and when their peers to Jesus?? Yet to be determined, but I think things are looking up for Berryville.

No comments: