Friday, August 29, 2008

Steak Inn

We had a couple from the church last night take us to eat at a restaurant called the "Steak Inn". Going to a restaurant called the "Steak Inn" made me think we were going to a fast food joint that would put your steak in a paper bag for you to take and eat at home. Only in Arkansas can a place really nice like this have such a crappy name...only it wasn't in Arkansas...it was Missouri, but it's close enough. Anyway, I though I would give you a quick little review:
  • Main Course= Amazing. Possibly one of the top 3 steaks I have ever had in my life. I had the 11 ounce sirloin with 4 grilled shrimp (quit with the fat jokes). The steak had a really nice peppery taste, and the shrimp were loaded with flavor.
  • Salad= Huge. I have never had a salad were I had to cut my own cheese off a block. This, to be honest, was sort of weird. I mean what do I do with a big slice of cheese? Do I put salad in my mouth and then take a bite off my hunk like it was a cracker or something? If you know...please do tell.
  • Bread= Nothing is better than homemade bread. And I learned a cool way to melt the butter for my bread and improve my marriage all at the same time...guys feel free to ask the new incredible advice Mrs. Kim gave me:)
  • Lighting= Very dim. I felt like I should be making a move on Megan the entire time, and maybe I would have if I could have seen anything.
  • Fellowship= Top Notch. These are incredible people who love the ministry and have taken care of my family from day one. I know you are expecting me to say something like, "Well the food was great, but the fellowship is what was really worth it." Well here is a shocker: as good as the fellowship was...nothing touched the food:) Thanks Phillips' family for a fantastic evening.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

we've been there and it was great. Nolan even dressed up for the occasion and wore his nice coaching shorts.