Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Five

After reading Lucy's blog, I decided to give you guys 5 things about the Olympics I just don't understand...
  • I watched the ladies gymnastics last night. It may seem a little feminine to watch it, but hey, I want to see you go do what they do. Anyway, does anyone understand the scoring??!! I know about the difficulty score and things like that, but where in the world do they find deductions? Nastia crushed the vault and uneven bars and her score was ridiculously low...I demand an answer from the judges!!
  • Staying on the subject of gymnastics...What were the Chinese thinking?? At least get someone who resembles the age of 15. Those girls looked like they were barely 9. Don't just go get an 11 year old girl and hand her a new birth certificate and say, "Hey, you are now 15!!"
  • How amazing is the US men's basketball team!! I know there are a lot of people out there who despise the NBA. I'm one of the rare few who actually love watching it. I'd rather watch college any day, but I still thoroughly enjoy the NBA. I got up early Thursday morning just to watch the game, and man it was so worth it. A complete highlight reel. What I don't understand is this: Why can't people just enjoy talent instead of dogging them all the time. Yes I know they make 100 million a year and sometimes act like babies. I'm not telling you to go eat lunch with them...All I'm saying is appreciate their talent and let others (like me) enjoy the sport without you constantly saying, "I hate the NBA!!"
  • Volleyball players are beasts...Olympic volleyball players scare me. How (and I'm talking about beach) can they move so quickly, jump so high, and cover that much area on sand. Truly amazing.
  • Lastly, Why isn't Golf an Olympic sport??!! I know we have the Rider's Cup, but we should have some guys over there in Beijing playing right now. Have you ever tried to hit a golf ball?? those are some talented and gifted people.

No comments: