Thursday, March 13, 2008

DM Demolition

OK. I'm going to be honest, on Thursdays I'm completely useless. I'm not quite sure yet exactly why Desiring More drains me so badly, but last night was definitely worth it. Every Thursday morning pretty much the only thing I do is completely break down our worship service. Sometimes I can be kind of hard so that why we are calling Thursday "DM Demolition".
  • 16 students were there last night!! This may not sound like a lot to some, but this is up from 4 just 10 months ago and with two other STRONG student ministries (that I love and respect) in the area we count this as success. 16 good, GROWING, young students. I'm so excited
  • Our worship music included: Joyful by the Dutton Band and First Love by Joel Engle
  • Decision Songs included: I Love You Lord by Generation Unleashed (amazing!!) and Savior King by Hillsong
  • Message points: 1. God owns our heart. (1 Corinthians 6:20) 2. God asks us to guard our heart. (Proverbs 4:23) 3. God asks us to search our heart. (Psalm 26:2)

To be honest I thought at the start everything was going to be a bust. Everyone was unusually hyper. All credit goes to Jesus for calming and speaking to their hearts. Props to Kim and Jeff Phillips for completely remodeling the student ministry area. It's impossible for a student minister to his job without stinkin cool adults. I appreciate them a lot. Continue to pray for us. We desire more than surface Christianity. Peace...I'm chillin for the rest of the day.

1 comment: