Monday, March 17, 2008

HOLD UP...It's Bracket Time!!

I'm sitting here staring at the new NCAA tourney bracket. Partly excited, partly ticked off. Excited because this could possibly be my most favorite time of year, Ticked off because my stupid printer keeps cutting some of it off. Anyway, just glancing I would say the East has to be the toughest mainly because of the monster that is North Carolina. They are ridiculous, and I know they lost to Maryland and a very decent Duke, but with Lawson full strength they are a safe pick. Also the East has tough Butler, Tennessee, and Notre Dame teams. If you skip across the country and look at the West, from the very beginning I said UCLA was back in it's prime. With it's only real threats coming from Purdue and Duke. If you know me, you know I HATE Duke, but I'll be the first to admit if they are draining threes they're going to be umm...hard to beat. The South is my other argument for toughest region. With Memphis, Texas, Stanford, a hot Pitt team, and a well coached Kentucky team, this is all up to who is hotter on a particular night. And the Midwest, well, Kansas and Georgetown. My picks to win it all?? I have to do some serious praying about this. I hate picking the safe UNC, but hey, they are monsters. We'll see in a couple of days after I fill out 22 brackets.

Please leave some comments...who's in your Final 4???

No comments: