Monday, March 31, 2008

God Is Moving

Great Story for my readers out there in Blog World:

Southern Heights Desiring More Student Ministry had there TLW ring ceremony last night. I was a little nervous because we have some students who like to be morons sometimes, and I don't want to get fired because of it. So to say that I was a little uptight is an understatement. 10 minutes before the service starts, a lady comes and asks to have a second alone with me. In my head I was thinking, "Here it is. I'm about to get chewed out about something." You see my time here at Southern Heights has been incredibly peaceful. If there has been a bump in the road, it was a very tiny one. She looks at me and says, "When you first got here I had some real issues with you." I was thinking to myself that I just needed to run. I couldn't take anymore stress at that moment. She continued, "At times, I just didn't like you ." Yep, I was about to get punched in the face. Then it happened. No, I didn't get punched in the face, but that would not have shocked me more than what was said next. "But I was wrong. Can you forgive me?" Jesus is amazing. Not because I felt better about myself, or because I didn't get punched in the face. Because He so convicted a wonderful lady to apologize to a dorky 23 year old youth minister who probably caused many people besides this woman to not like him. Those are spiritual break throughs that the Body of Christ needs to have a successful ministry. That sweet, sweet woman is not only closer to Jesus now, but has proved that she cares about Jesus, her relationship with Him. She didn't want anything to be in the way of that. God help me to mend hardships so I can be closer to You. Thank you for people who love Jesus more than themselves.

That's my story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed experiencing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is amazing :D I can't see why anyone wouldn't like you though...I guess old people just have issues with young youth pastors...oh well. Jesus saved the day again! yeah. He is something isn't he?