Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Go To Sleep Boy

I remember back in the day when parenting was easy. When I embraced the responsibility with vigor, those were the good days. Last night though was absolutely horrible. JP has always went to bed on his own and slept through the night. Never, unless he was sick, have we had to be like normal parents and let him cry. Last night was a first except this was not a cry. This was a blatant screaming attempt to get us to rock him all the way to sleep. I know we are in a new place and he is not in his bed but in a playpen thing, but I never thought I would hear him fight us like that. Well, he won the battle. He was rocked to sleep and he slept through the night. I tried to go in his room and reason with him, but reasoning with a 2 year old is a lot harder than it seems. Although I was angry he won, feeling that hug when I went in there was...beautiful. If my love for JP is like hate compared to God's love for me...I'll never comprehend it. I don't think we are capable of knowing that great love. I just want to worship Jesus right now before the daily tasks of life began to overshadow that amazing love. Be blessed you guys.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Men are hard to reason with in general. Not just because he's 2. And what happened to Stormie's?

Anonymous said...

Stormies closed...it was a horrible day in Abbeville.