Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spandex, Track Meets, and Weird Weather

My life, here in the Ozark Mountains, has been extremely crazy. This past Sunday I had the oppurtunity to go and preach at New Hope in Omaha, Arkansas. This was a lot of fun. You should have seen their faces when I started talking about spandex. They were like, "Who is this weird freak in our pulpit??!!" And I can understand. They didn't know me and my weird personality. It ended up being a fantastic morning, where the Spirit really moved. I got to talk to them a lot about their faith and the evidences of it in someone's life.



Yesterday I drove half way around the world to Gravette, AR to go to the JUNIOR HIGH track meet. Never having been to one before, besides the one in Eureka I stayed a total of 10 minutes, I really enjoyed it. I never could have imagined the races being so exciting. Berryville guys were crushing when me and the family left, but the girls were behind just little. Just a few shout outs to some of my students: Destiny, dude you amaze me at how hard you run and I appreciate the laugh from the triple jump. Ellis, I missed the shotput but watching you do the long jump made me want to go and crush the opposition. Whitely, You hit like three hurdles but you looked good doing it. Micaela, You looked like you had been running hurdles forever. Grant, I missed the high jump, sorry. Emory, You are a machine.



The weather here is really aggravating. It can be so nice for two or three days, and then it is cold again. The wind NEVER stops blowing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ricky and Megan for going half way around the world to support the kids - namely the one in purple spandex. I'm sorry I did say hi - I knew you guys looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out why until just before you left and then you left before I got to say "Hi". Anyway I do appreciate the encouragement you show to Dylan. I'm glad he has you to look up to. Next time, I promise I'll recognize you:)

Matt and Ricky said...

I'm sorry I didn't see you. Me and Megan love going to things with the students. We want them to know how much we love them. And Dylan sure did look...ummm...professional in the spandex:)