Thursday, May 1, 2008

DM Demolition

Another Desiring More service has come and gone, but for some reason I think we'll be feeling the effects from this one for a long time.
  • We had 18 students last night with 2 first time visitors that I have never met. I love seeing our students bring their friends with them. It proves two things: 1. They love Jesus enough to want their friends to love Him. 2. Our services are relevant enough to make an impact on our students lives.
  • Last night we finished our series, "He Will Be Called...". Prince of Peace was the name last night and to be honest I went in the service not expecting anything big until after worship. I know that is horribly wrong of me, but God just moved in spite of me.
  • We sang Mighty to Save and when the lyric, "Savior, He can move the mountains..." I started praying that God would begin to move mountains in these students lives. That He would take whatever is standing in between them and Jesus and move it.
  • We talked about the incredible peace God offers through Jesus. Not a life of superficial peace, but a life, that if you know Jesus personally, of restored and redeemed peace. Knowing that you had been bought with the Blood of Christ.

It was a great night, but the coolest thing happened at the end. I've been listening to a lot of Fee. Beautiful the Blood has a lyric that says, "I never knew surrender could feel so free..." I have really wanted to get back to the idea of surrender. Last night we saw someone surrender. It was amazing, beautiful, supernatural:) Brokenness is so sweet. This guy told me, "how can God keep taking me back?? I know He does. I can't believe how great He is." Though he was full of tears and pain, this young guy came back to Jesus...He returned to His first love. We have wondered why Berryville, AR so many times...Never again will there be a need to wonder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

last night was amazing
ive been praying hard that God would break him
He did
cya Saturday...

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that God placed you in Berryville to minister. We are so blessed. Thank you so much for the love you have for our kids but most of all I thank God for the love you have for Him. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are teaching them the Truth!
Thank you Ricky for all you do.
Kim P

KrIsTi LeAnN said...

That night was amazing!