Thursday, May 8, 2008

DM Demolition

Last night we got to talk a lot about worship. I was excited to see our students realize that worship is more than singing. That it is more than a tireless mechanical repetition. I had great confidence leaving last night that our students understood all life is worship. Big shout out to John Piper for all the quotes I used last night.
  • 17 Students last night with 2 first timers...Abel and Blair. That's 4 new students in two weeks!!
  • Isaiah 29:13, Philippians 1:20-21, Acts 17:25, Mark 10:45, Romans 12:1-2 were the scriptures we used...look'em up and learn something.
  • I got beat in ping pong again by Jessie last night...I've never been so depressed.

I'm pretty excited about some services we have coming up in the future. God is moving and I'm pumped. We can actually see the changes in our students lives week to week. I can't tell you how many times a teacher has stopped me in the hallway and said he or she sure has been differently lately. I'm getting excited.

No comments: