Monday, May 5, 2008

Saturday's 7...on Monday

I feel pretty bad that I have waited until now to do my regular Saturday post. I like to think you guys are checking this every hour or so just to see if I have updated. I know in all reality you may stumble across these posts when you are completely bored and have NOTHING else to do, but for my own pride...I'm going to keep on believing you guys are hooked on my blog. Today's list is a special one. I got to go to a Gary Chapman marriage conference this weekend with some couples in our church. It was definitely a plus to go. Here are some random thoughts on the day.
  • Love is you doing what your spouse wants you to do even when you don't want to do it.
  • After the conference it seemed like all of the couples had their arm around each other or they were holding hands. I think all it took was one husband grabbing his wife's hand and all of the other guys were like, "Oh crap! I better do something like that too."
  • Heath Worley cannot eat without getting something all over himself, and then proceed to "accidentally" transfer from his shirt to his wife's.
  • I told Gary Chapman my wife made me come:)
  • I learned not to say everything I think...This is something Marci Rogers has been telling me from day one.
  • We all went and ate ice cream after the conference. Me and Megan shared our ice cream cone. Not really, but it would have been extremely sweet if I had thought about that Saturday instead of right now.
  • Marriage is a lot of work, but there isn't anyone else I would rather work with than my beautiful, caring, understanding wife.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, are you saying that I am a beautiful, caring & understanding wife? Ha Ha! That would have been nice to share your ice cream cone, maybe another time:) I also would not want to go through ALL this work with anyone else!!! Have a GREAT rest of the day!

Anonymous said...

Jessie:

I am so very proud of the commitment you have to GOD and SHBC. I love you so very much.

PawPaw