Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Chiefest

I am a sinner. I have fallen.
I deserve hell. I deserve the worst.
He came. He suffered.
He was beaten. He was spit on.
He was flogged. He was mocked.
His flesh was ripped off. He was stripped naked.
They nailed His hands. They nailed His feet.
He never cursed. He never regretted.
His blood dripped. His side pierced.
He breathed His last. He gave His Spirit to His Father.
He obeyed. He was rewarded.
He rose. He lives.
Savior. Propitiation. Satisfaction.
I am a sinner. He is a Savior.
I have fallen. He was raised up.
I deserve hell. He satisfied God's wrath.
I deserve the worst. He experienced separation from God.
I see grace. I see mercy.
I see love. I see Him.
I see my rewards. I see His work.
I see my filthy rags. I see His blood.
I see my sin. God sees His Son.
I try to make things better. I mess things up more.
I try. I fail.
I work. I push Jesus away.
I see the point. I see why I am so wrong.
I long for self-control. He longs for me to be Christ-controlled.
I long for recognition. He longs for glory.
I see me. I need to see Him.
I am so weak. He is strong.
He doesn't need me. He wants me.
I want to be closer. He is drawing me to himself.
I'm crying for Him. He is crying for me.
I am screaming for Him. He is gently knocking at the door of my heart.
I am broken. He begins to smile.
I surrender. I hear Him sigh with relief.
I raise my hands. He takes hold.
He places His hands on my face. I can't look at Him.
I'm unworthy. He is my worth.
I'm unrighteous. He is my righteousness.
I'm dirty. He washed me.
I have a new name. He calls me son.
I owed a debt I could not pay. My Father paid it for me.
He paid with a life. The life of his Son.
I was so far away. I placed the world in between us.
He moved mountains to get to me. He never lost sight of me.
I don't understand. He is the Author.
I give Him my life. He uses me.

1 comment: